Chief Executive Officer
- Mark is an experienced energy CEO whose senior roles spans across International Energy Investment and Industrial Energy Manufacturing, with a focus on renewable energy and wind in particular
- His brief is to lead the next exciting phase of Ventient Energy’s growth through focused expansion, and to ensure that the core UK operations remain the bedrock of the company’s success
- Most recently as group CEO of the Dutch distributed energy turbine manufacturer EWT, Mark successfully led the multi year expansion of the business within the UK, continental Europe and the Americas, as well as the successful creation of the largest distributed solar business in New York state
- Earlier in his career he was a senior executive in GE Capital’s Energy division for approaching a decade, where his achievements included establishing and leading the acquisition of wind generation operations and development within Europe, as well as initiating and driving the advance into large-scale energy networks ownership
- Prior to this, Mark was a Director at Edison Mission Energy Europe and the HSBC Investment Bank Energy team.
Chief Financial Officer - Interim
- Mel has extensive experience as a CFO in financing on an international and global scale, across construction and engineering sectors as well as manufacturing. He has led major infrastructure projects, most notably at The Highways Agency. He has led growth in new markets, and most recently led an Asset/Services portfolio company Transformation role for Singapore Sovereign wealth fund GIC.
- Starting his career as an FD in the international sporting goods manufacturing sector, he moved from there into the construction and engineering sector with CFO roles at Balfour Beatty, and at the UK Highways Agency where he enjoyed bringing private sector financial process and structure into a large public sector Asset Owner and operator.
- A NYSE Euronext listed CFO role with pan European mid-market engineering consulting group Grontmij (now Sweco) based in the Netherlands opened up the European market, followed by driving European growth for global engineering group CH2m (now Jacobs).
- Mel is a Netherlands-UK dual national, a Deloitte alumni FCA from a Tax specialisation base, and a life sciences graduate from Edinburgh University.
Chief Operating Officer
- Huw has 13 years wind industry experience with a further 12 years in the energy sector.
- Previously Managing Director at Zephyr Investments Limited with further Managing Director experience at private equity owned renewable portfolios.
- Huw holds an Honours Degree in Management and Chemical Sciences from UMIST, Manchester.