Southern European Portfolio Manager (SEPM)
Full Time - Monday to Friday
SEPM, Third Parties, Asset Management Team, Technical Team, Control Centre
About the company
Ventient currently employs around 60 people in Edinburgh, Madrid and Luxembourg and has a portfolio of over 2.5GW of installed capacity across 134 sites in Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and the UK.
We believe in people, high performance, safety, innovation, and respect of the environment.
We offer a supportive, dynamic and team-focused environment for our people to develop their skills, while enjoying a rewarding professional career in renewable energy.
Reporting into the SEPM, this role will be accountable for managing the relationship with Ventient’s third party asset manager and ensuring the correct supervision, management, and performance of our Spanish portfolio (349MW). This role will have direct responsibility for representing Ventient’s Asset Management interests, while interfacing with various stakeholders, both internal and external.
Will be a member of the Team managed by the SEPM with the responsibility for the assets located in Spain, France and Belgium. His participation may be occasionally required for the support of the other countries.
This role will lead the operational strategy of pro-active maintenance within the region, focusing on delivery of safe optimal technical and commercial performance.
Third Party and Contractor Management
- Leading and managing third party managers on a day-to-day basis, to deliver a high standard of performance.
- Ensure that our third-party managers are fulfilling their contractual obligations to deliver strong operational performance and safe and reliable operations through:
- Monitoring delivery of the key actions ongoing with O&M contractors
- Site visits and audits with the Asset Manager and O&M contractor to ensure fulfilment of contractual obligations and gain assurance on the operational integrity of our fleet.
- Analysis of operational data to review performance and help identify areas for improvement, working with the third-party manager and where appropriate utilising specialist support within Ventient to deliver the results.
- Acting as the central point of contact for operational matters in Spain for Ventient, working with colleagues to deliver Ventient’s goals on availability, HSE, ESG and improving the long-term value of the portfolio.
- Working with the third-party manager to ensure that Ventient have a full record of all key contracts, technical data and design information.
- Providing leadership for Ventient on Stakeholder Management in Spain, and developing a database of all key stakeholders for each of the wind farms, and Ventient’s obligations to be fulfilled
- Acting as the central point of contact for Ventient with regards to any on-going claims or disputes, ensuring that these are resolved quickly in line with Ventient’s expectations.
- Forming strong relations with third parties, providing services to the Portfolio in addition to the MSA provider, in order that value and risk opportunities are recognised and addressed.
Performance Improvement Projects & Cross Collaboration
- Interface for monitoring and execution of Performance Improvement projects – both initiatives led by the MSA provider and Ventient deployed initiatives
- Cross fertilisation of ideas and disciplines with the business development team to ensure that both within business development and our existing portfolio there is a value driving and risk mitigation discipline.
Qualifications, training & professional memberships
- Degree in an Engineering or equivalent
- Onshore wind asset management
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects
- French work experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing third parties
- Knowledge and experience of Wind Turbines, in particular with Ecotecnica ECO100
Skills & knowledge
- Running a strong diverse portfolio of wind/renewable assets under investment and high ESG discipline
- Strong commercial and technical discipline and insight
- Microsoft Office Suite
Competencies & behaviours
- Fluent speaking in Spanish and English
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to think strategically and work cross functionally in a professional environment
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Fluent speaking in Portuguese or French
Ventient Energy is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated against on any of the nine protected characteristics defined under The Equality Act 2010.