Brand & Stakeholder Manager
- Position Title: Brand & Stakeholder Manager
- Reporting To: CEO
- Department: Corporate/Business Support
- Key Contacts: CEO, CFO, COO, Senior Management Team, Asset Management Team, External Stakeholders
- Location: Edinburgh
- Direct Reports: N/A
- Role Type: Permanent
- Work Pattern: Full Time - Monday to Friday
About the Company
Ventient Energy Ltd, one of the UK’s largest generator of onshore wind energy, and the largest non-utility owner of onshore wind. With 34 wind farms located from Caithness to Cornwall, comprising 509 turbines and 690MW of installed capacity, Ventient Energy supplies the equivalent of 420,000 homes annually, offsetting 0.75 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent a year. The company was formed by combining the Zephyr portfolio of 15 wind farms with 19 wind farms that were formerly owned by Infinis, with the entire portfolio of wind farms now owned by institutional investors advised by JP Morgan Asset Management. The company Headquarters are in Edinburgh where most of its staff are located. Staff who support our wind farm assets are located throughout the UK in regions within close proximity to the wind farms. Current headcount is approximately 47 people.
To lead the stakeholder engagement and marketing plan for Ventient Energy, delivering demonstrable benefit through the delivery of the company’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals and brand strategy.
Oversee the utilisation of £1.6m in annual community funding across 34 wind farms throughout the UK and ensure compliance in utilisation.
The role will interface closely with the Senior Management and Asset Management Teams to support them in promoting Ventient Energy. This will be achieved by building strong relationships with all stakeholders including communities local to our wind farms and offices, promoting the Ventient Energy brand and corporate mission, building content and utilising various media sources to ensure placement of news stories in local media, social media and online.
Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Develop and lead the stakeholder engagement plan for Ventient Energy, identifying priorities and key messaging for the stakeholder community.
- Gather intelligence and feedback from stakeholders to identify emerging issues, risks and opportunities, supported by data and key metrics
- As a subject matter expert, advise the Senior Management Team on Brand strategy stakeholder communications plan.
- Creatively design inspiring messages in response to responding to local community questions confidently and quickly.
- Using all forms of media, including social media, to promote Ventient Energy as a responsible operator to local communities within the company’s brand guidelines.
- Promote the company through, marketing, company website, events and appropriate sponsorship aligned to the mission and values of the company.
- Working closely with external PR partners, media and all stakeholders, build the Ventient brand to improve impact of investment in communities, regulators and industry bodies.
- Assist Ventient Energy in communicating appropriately with all relevant stakeholders including councillors, local authority officers, education sector, local community groups and individuals, particularly in relation to lifetime extension, planning and consenting matters on our older wind farm sites.
Brand and marketing
- Overall responsibility and ownership of the Ventient Energy website and associated analytics to ensure the website is best in class to communicate with all our stakeholders, including talent attraction and stakeholder support.
- Lead the development of content, collateral and key messaging to promote the corporate brand across the complete range of stakeholders
Community relationships and community funds
- Assisting the Asset Management Team (AMT) in developing strong and meaningful relationships with community members, including landowners, local contractors, schools, employers and community groups, providing personal support on the ground as needed.
- Work with community funding partners or community groups to help them conceive and deliver effective community funding projects utilising the community funding provided by Ventient Energy. Introduce innovative and relevant ideas to communities to ensure maximum impact of the community benefit fund, aligned to the corporate goals and objectives of the business.
- Through relationships with our community partners, monitor monthly and annually report on the utilisation of our community funding commitments. Create reports on engagement activities, including insights that illustrate the business impact of the community and monitor stakeholder satisfaction on a regular basis.
- Using detailed knowledge of community funding agreements, effectively monitor and evaluate project delivery, sharing both best practice and lessons learnt, and contributing to organisational learning. Raise any ethical concerns about the use of our community funding immediately to the SMT.
Qualifications, Training & Professional Memberships
- Bachelors degree in business marketing or similar
- Experience with social media analytics tools
- Digital marketing
- Ideally a strong interest in IT and Web subjects
- Use of social media (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Strong creative and editorial skills
- Good interpersonal skills and effective team working skills
- Expert on what looks good on social media
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Ventient Energy is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated against on any of the nine protected characteristics defined under The Equality Act 2010.