- Position Title: Financial Modeller
- Reporting To: Corporate Finance Manager
- Department: Finance
- Key Contacts: CEO, CFO, COO, Commercial, Procurement and Legal teams
- Location: Edinburgh
- Direct Reports: N/A
- Role Type: Permanent
- Work Pattern: Full Time - Monday to Friday
About the Company
Ventient Energy is a renewable energy group, currently focussed in onshore wind energy. We’re already one of the largest independent generators of onshore wind energy in Europe with 1.9GW of installed capacity across 103 wind farms in Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom, with plans to continue growing our portfolio of high-quality assets.
Ventient Energy is part of a portfolio of renewable companies who are owned by an Infrastructure Investment Fund, advised by JP Morgan Asset Management. We take a long-term outlook on the ownership, operation and growth of our company which is driven by the needs of our stakeholders.
At Ventient Energy, we work hard to optimise operational excellence, delivering strong financial results while ensuring the highest levels of health and safety performance.
Our company headquarters is in Edinburgh, where the majority of our staff are located. Staff who support our UK wind farm assets are located throughout the UK in regions within close proximity to the wind farms. Our current head count is approximately 48 people.
To support decision making across the business through preparation, analysis and review of financial models and financial modelling tools for a range of different propositions.
- Support the quarterly submission of company Net Asset Value (“NAV”) to JP Morgan contacts. Ensure NAV reporting adheres to best practice protocols
- Develop transparent process for updating NAV model(s); assign responsibilities for assumptions sets
- Ensure compliance with Senior Lender requirements, including the semi-annual submission of operating financial models. Track and report on relevant banking covenants
- Support preparation of the annual budget and support the business in the production of a 5-year strategic plan financial model. This will include supporting the execution and implementation of JP Morgan’s ‘Unified Framework’ for corporate governance and management information
- Support the business by way of independent review of financial analysis and business partnering. This will include building ad-hoc financial models for other areas and teams as needed (e.g. operations, procurement, facilities, other)
- Partner with the Performance Improvement Engineers & Asset Management Team to assess the financial viability of various projects designed to improve the operational performance of the portfolio and overall asset life
- Support the Corporate Development team with the appraisal and valuation of potential M&A targets
- Provide modelling and excel support to the finance team and coach / share knowledge with colleagues
Qualifications, Training & Professional Memberships
- An accounting qualification (CA/ACA) is preferred
- Experience of designing, building, populating and evaluating financial models
- A good grasp of valuation analysis, M&A workstreams and operational models
- Experience of working in corporate finance or transaction services is preferable
- Experience within the energy sector would be an advantage but not a necessity
- Willing to challenge existing processes and suggest improvements
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player, with a solutions-based attitude
- Comfortable liaising with senior management within and outside the business
Ventient Energy is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated against on any of the nine protected characteristics defined under The Equality Act 2010.