Head of Asset Performance
Head of Asset Performance
Full Time - Monday to Friday
Executives, Regional Asset Managers, Technical Director, Control Centre Manager, Finance Team and key third parties critical to value and risk
We are working with Korn Ferry on this role, please contact Jessica Taylor for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 024 9101
About the company
Ventient currently employs around 60 people in Edinburgh, Madrid and Luxembourg and has a portfolio of 1.9GW of installed capacity across 100 sites in Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and the UK.
We believe in people, high performance, safety, innovation, and respect of the environment.
We offer a supportive, dynamic and team-focused environment for our people to develop their skills, while enjoying a rewarding professional career in renewable energy.
The Head of Asset Performance is responsible for defining and delivering long term upper quartile performance across the current portfolio and new portfolio assets we will acquire. Performance will be achieved together with team heads of country asset management, control centre and performance improvement, with whom co-operation will be paramount to success. The Head of Asset Performance will drive a one-company delivery through a continuous programme of improvement, understanding of plant by plant operating potential, portfolio economics, improvements to commercial terms with third parties and high-quality data management for MI.
The Head of Asset Performance will also be responsible for establishing clear metrics and performance indicators for the execution of asset improvements, and a clear reporting framework for the executive team.
The Head of Asset Performance will also provide critical risk and value input to the M&A processes, as required.
Successful candidates will be proven in delivering to the disciplines of high quality HSE and investment-driven culture, to raising standards, continuous improvement and uniformity of delivery within an evolving business where the opportunity for highly capable leadership and co-operation for best team outcome is key.
Defines and drives execution of priorities across the portfolio for 1 Year organic (asset portfolio) performance
- Defines a programme across the entire fleet of priority value and risk actions which will maximise progress towards annual goals and toward the five-year strategic plan (below)
- Unifies asset management, key external providers, Performance improvement, contracts, to ensure one company delivery of objectives and a stable programme of continuous improvement
- Ensures this is being executed in a highly accountable manner, supported by high quality and highly focused data
- Ensures that the various parties producing data internally and from third parties are aligned and focused to the priorities of the business, and operating effectively to the performance standards of an upper quartile operation
- Institutes a continuous improvement review process across the business linked to achieving unified performance
- Works with the team heads of each country asset management, performance improvement, control centre, to ensure uniformity, common linked focus to performance goals
- As a part of the above, ensures efficiency of CAPEX programmes set internally and by third parties
- Ensures contractual and commercial engagement internally and by third parties is consistent with our overall objectives of aligned risk and returns, prioritised actions
Regularly reviews the above for the strategic (5 Year) Period
- Periodic review of the targets and priority actions agreed in the strategic plan resulting in improvements to the plan and together with programme manager reviews of trajectory to improvement v projected, and corrective action required
- Working with COO, team heads, programme manager, CFO and COO on updates to the strategic plan and reporting on progress
- Controls the generation of focused and most important performance information which can:-
– fully inform management, strategic programme office, Board & Shareholder as to progress, key issues etc.
– ensure uniformity of focus and vision of various units producing information
– achieve high levels of efficiency, automation and effectiveness
- Is a senior contributor to the COO and a prime partner to the finance team in ensuring performance is fully linking to financial outcomes
- Regular UK and European travel (estimated 2-3 times per month)
Qualifications, training & professional memberships
- Degree or equivalent
- Engineering background
- Has relevant industry experience and investor environment
- Has delivered top level performance from large asset portfolios for financial or similar long-term investors
- Has worked across internal teams to ensure delivery, where continued performance may be dependent on third parties.
- Has worked successfully across engineering and financial teams for investor results
- Delivered standardised high quality and highly focused information to drive decision making
- Managed small teams of highly driven personnel
- Has demonstrated exposure and interaction at board level
- Worked across several jurisdictions (desirable)
Skills & knowledge
- Asset performance to high quality investor standards
- Investor discipline
- Multi-project and stakeholder management
Competencies & behaviours
- Combined investor and asset management mindset
- Judgement and decision making
- Results focussed
- Impact and influence
- Developing relationships
- Drive and persistence
- Directing others
- Cross-cultural awareness
Ventient Energy is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated against on any of the nine protected characteristics defined under The Equality Act 2010.