Full Time - Monday to Friday
Executives and Management team, IT team, Engineering and Operations teams. Third party Suppliers.
About the company
Ventient currently employs around 60 people in Edinburgh, Madrid and Luxembourg and has a portfolio of over 2.5GW of installed capacity across 134 sites in Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and the UK.
We believe in people, high performance, safety, innovation, and respect of the environment.
We offer a supportive, dynamic and team-focused environment for our people to develop their skills, while enjoying a rewarding professional career in renewable energy.
This role is the most senior IT leadership role at Ventient, responsible for service, operations, security, assurance and management of the IT/OT internal resources in all countries. The role emphasis is on service and operational performance against agreed service levels, and continuous improvement of those services to the group. The role will not lead on the major change programme anticipated in 2021/22, but the role will expand as the organisation grows and will manage the steady state change programme after the new business platform has been built, including any acquisitions activity.
Additional programme management will be recruited to manage the business change programmes in Finance and Asset Performance and this role will work closely with the change teams to ensure handover of services into the production environment. The role will own and maintain strategy, standards and IT/OT technology capability development.
- IT Service delivery – the management of service delivery, support and operations for the Ventient group across all countries. Management of customer service, suppliers, service desk, incident, change, release planning, availability and performance, service continuity and managing the IT budget.
- IT Security – management of the IT/OT security infrastructure and capabilities complying with Ventient target risk. Managing security detect, prevent, respond capabilities and liaising with external security service providers.
- Manage, develop and maintain Ventient enterprise IT/OT architecture aligned to the requirements of the business – including applications, database, infrastructure and security. Act as Technical Design Authority.
- Support business acquisition and integration of the IT/OT and business applications into the Ventient operating model and platform.
- Manage the team and their personal development, recruitment, performance to ensure Ventient has retained capability to manage services and service providers.
Qualifications, training & professional memberships
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Service Management (beyond ITIL Foundation)
- Evidence of infrastructure and systems training and certifications
- Security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM)
- Project management qualifications (PMP, Prince2)
- Agile working methods (Scrum Master)
- International experience in energy or process sector
- Business acquisition experience
- Managing 10+ IT and Application teams
- Supplier side of delivery experience
Skills & knowledge
- Cloud computing models.
- IT/OT infrastructure.
- Service management process and governance.
- Microsoft 365
- Experience of implementing a wide range of software and infrastructure solutions
- Enterprise Asset Management
- SaaS Solutions
Competencies & behaviours
- Self-motivated and autonomous
- Managing and influencing stakeholders
- Team management
- Service orientation
- Management of technical complexity
- Business and negotiation skills
- Change management
- Strategy and architecture development
- Policy and process
Ventient Energy is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated against on any of the nine protected characteristics defined under The Equality Act 2010.