Business Information Analyst
About the Company
Ventient Energy Ltd, one of the UK’s largest generator of onshore wind energy, and the largest non-utility owner of onshore wind. With 34 wind farms located from Caithness to Cornwall, comprising 509 turbines and 690MW of installed capacity, Ventient Energy supplies the equivalent of 420,000 homes annually, offsetting 0.75 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent a year. The company was formed by combining the Zephyr portfolio of 15 wind farms with 19 wind farms that were formerly owned by Infinis, with the entire portfolio of wind farms now owned by institutional investors advised by JP Morgan Asset Management. The company Headquarters are in Edinburgh where most of its staff are located. Staff who support our wind farm assets are located throughout the UK in regions within close proximity to the wind farms. Current headcount is approximately 47 people.
- Position Title: Business Information Analyst
- Reporting To: Control Centre Manager
- Department: Technical
- Key Contacts: CEO, COO, Operations Analysts, Asset Management Team, Engineers
- Location: Edinburgh
- Direct Reports: N/A
- Role Type: Permanent
- Work Pattern: Full Time - Monday to Friday
This role will provide Management and Operational reporting to support Business Operations and strategic decision-making.
Audit organisational systems and information sources assessing gaps and systems requirements.
Working with key stakeholders across the business identify information reporting requirements and develop a corporate reporting methodology and style, together with the stakeholder group.
- Implement automation and database management, through Operational dashboards including Availability, Performance Improvements, Commercial (PPA) and HSQE. Dashboard functionality should have drilldown capability to allow users at different levels in the business to ‘zoom-in’ and ‘zoom-out’ depending on the user requirements
- Establish KPIs that will be used and the associated ‘common-language’ for datasets to ensure consistency and understanding of data
- Review current reports including monthly operations reports, Breeze reports, DTA reports, HSE reports, and establishing reporting measures and mechanisms that allow the business to properly manage existing portfolio but also the functionality to add further assets, including those where we do not have full functionality for these new assets within the IT systems in place in the UK.
- Establish trend analysis to support performance improvement and operations and maintenance strategies understanding the causes of downtime over time, across sites with similar technologies, for recurring fault types across different technologies/countries etc.
- Establish automated reporting in terms of site reporting and audits, collation of data to support the management of operations and maintenance plans and schedules to ensure close out of all actions.
- Establish weekly operational dashboard for the Director of Asset Management (Dir AM) and Regional Asset Managers (RAM) to use
- Establish Energy Based Availability targets at a wind farm level, aligned to current time-based availability targets and set up new reporting KPI’s and dashboards for AMs, RAMs and SMT.
- Establish high level reporting of MTTR and MTBF for Major Components and targets for improvements.
- Establish and monitoring performance of Performance Improvement Initiatives and delivery versus budget and five year plan, including NAV impact.
- Opex review and tracking
- Analysis of all expenditure and supplier costs and spend including major component suppliers, minor component parts costs supplied under different contracts
All of the above measures, except some HSE ones, should be financially focussed, to allow us to track immediate financial impact and where applicable potential impact on.
Monitoring of dashboard, KPI’s and areas for improvement
- Manage, catalogue and analyse a database of parts and failures to facilitate investigation and/or action
- Data reporting to facilitate and allow internal and external bench-mark performance data
- Using the current systems (SIFT and CLIR) data analysis and delivery of results for novel performance improvement strategies
Qualifications, Training & Professional Memberships
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in the wind industry
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent experience with reporting analytics tools, such as Power BI, Business Objects, Tableau
- Experience in a similar role
- Creative in developing, testing and delivering solutions to key stakeholders.
- Being ahead of industry best practice, with a solutions-focussed attitude.
- Preparation and review of technical and non-technical reports
- Providing oversight and quality assurance of reporting produced by other members of the team
- Monitoring and reporting on wind projects
- Dedication to achieving both personal and team goals and a drive to succeed.
- Proactive, autonomous and adaptable.
- Good commercial and financial awareness.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team player, able to build relationships within the team and the wider business.
- A flexible approach to working hours
Ventient Energy is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated against on any of the nine protected characteristics defined under The Equality Act 2010.