Control Centre Manager
Full Time - Shift Pattern
Technical Director, Commercial and Regulations Manager, Original Equipment Manufacturer and O&M Service Providers, Engineering Team
About the company
Ventient currently employs around 60 people in Edinburgh, Madrid and Luxembourg and has a portfolio of 1.9GW of installed capacity across 100 sites in Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and the UK.
We believe in people, high performance, safety, innovation, and respect of the environment.
We offer a supportive, dynamic and team-focused environment for our people to develop their skills, while enjoying a rewarding professional career in renewable energy.
Responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our wind assets installed throughout the UK, as well as the safety of the in-house and external workers who operate and maintain the wind turbines and associated plant.
Wind Asset Monitoring and Operational Control
- Using the telephone and specialist software to ensure all visitors to site are booked on and off site, whilst ensuring any essential information is communicated clearly and effectively to them
- Monitoring wind farms via a variety of SCADA systems, and ensuring the appropriate response is delivered to faults and alarms
- Monitoring current and forecasted weather conditions taking care to alert stakeholders as appropriate in the case of adverse weather
- Maintain up-to-date Wind Turbine Safety Rules documentation and work control records
- Support configuration control by logging all incoming Engineering Change Requests, and ensuring no unauthorised plant modifications are carried out
- Manage day-to-day work control performing the role of Operational Controller under the Wind Turbine Safety Rules
Performance Analysis and Reporting
- Summarise operational performance throughout the day reporting wind asset status
- Tracking and reporting on key operational KPIs, allowing benchmarking of the various turbine OEMs
- Analysing and reporting on wind asset performance, highlighting recurrent trends and issues
- Analysing wind turbine power performance, with deviations from the warranted power curve being escalated
Commercial Analysis and Processing
- Remote retrieval and analysis of energy export metering data
- Processing and submission of Renewable Obligation Certificate (ROC) claims
Health, Safety, Quality and Environment
- Handle and respond to emergency calls from wind farm personnel and members of the public
- Act as first point of contact for any health and safety related near misses or incidents on site, escalating and reporting on these matters as required
Qualifications, training & professional memberships
A qualification in a technical discipline would be advantageous although not essential.
Previous experience in engineering or renewable energy. Ideally possess knowledge and experience gained from within the wind industry. However, full training will be offered to candidates.
Skills & knowledge
- A highly motivated, team player, who is dedicated and flexible enough to ensure a first-class operational service
- Strong numeracy, data handling and analysis skills
- IT skills with a high level of Microsoft Office along with the ability to learn new and bespoke software packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience of handling high call volumes
- Experience of working in a procedure driven environment
Ventient Energy is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated against on any of the nine protected characteristics defined under The Equality Act 2010.