Project Planner (Maternity Cover)
Full Time - Monday to Friday
Engineering Team, Asset Management Team, Procurement and Commercial Manager, External Contractors/Suppliers
About the company
Ventient currently employs around 60 people in Edinburgh, Madrid and Luxembourg and has a portfolio of over 2.5GW of installed capacity across 134 sites in Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and the UK.
We believe in people, high performance, safety, innovation, and respect of the environment.
We offer a supportive, dynamic and team-focused environment for our people to develop their skills, while enjoying a rewarding professional career in renewable energy.
Reporting to the Engineering Project Manager the Project Planner is a temporary maternity cover role that will provide project planning and logistical support to the Engineering and Asset Management teams for the implementation of performance improvement initiatives, engineering life extension inspections and works, and reactive component repair or replacement. The role will also support the development, improvement and documentation of associated processes and procedures.
The Project Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling all on-site work generated by the Engineering team through the various proactive and reactive workstreams. Through the planning associated with these workstreams the Project Planner will ultimately develop and maintain a work plan schedule covering all on-site work for the next 24 months.
Performance Improvement Initiatives (PII)
- Support the Engineering team in the development and maintenance of each PII project plan timeline.
- Achieve an intimate understanding of each PII and the work scope definition, the resource requirements for implementation and the key stakeholders.
- Develop an implementation plan for each PII detailing timeline, resource requirements, and responsibilities consulting the relevant stakeholders throughout the process.
- Produce a work package for each PII implementation ensuring key documentation, such as the safe system of work, is reviewed by the responsible parties in line with the implementation plan timeline.
- Support and coordinate project handover meetings ensuring that all key stakeholders are included and receive all required information.
Engineering Life Extension (ELE)
- Achieve an intimate understanding of all on-site inspections and works required for each ELE project and the project plan timeline developed by Engineering.
- Create a plan to schedule all ELE on-site works consulting key stakeholders as required.
- Track and record progress of all ELE on-site works
- Work with contractors and Asset Management to obtain and review all necessary health and safety documentation.
- Ensure inspection reports are collated and stored as appropriate
Blade Monitoring and Repair
- Understand the Blade Monitoring and Repair Strategy and the associated on-site works.
- Work with the required stakeholders to schedule blade inspections.
- Following the analysis of blade inspection reports by the Engineering team create a plan of required repairs that will feed into the blade repair tender process.
- Following the successful tender process work with the relevant stakeholders to plan and schedule the blade repair campaign.
- Prepare a work package for each wind farm ensuring that all necessary documentation is obtained and reviewed as necessary.
- Track and record progress of blade inspections and repairs.
Reactive Component Repair and Replacement
- Support the planning and scheduling of component repair and replacement by:
- Understanding Engineering team recommendations and work definition in response to fault/failure.
- For component replacement, liaising with Procurement and Asset Management to establish stockholding, storage location, delivery requirements and organise logistics for transportation to site.
- Support Asset Management with planning and scheduling of repair/replacement works, liaising with external contractors/suppliers as necessary to ensure that resources are secured, all documentation is received and reviewed in-line with schedule requirements.
Qualifications, training & professional memberships
- A qualification in a technical discipline would be advantageous although not essential.
- Previous experience in engineering or renewable energy. Ideally possess knowledge and experience gained from within the wind industry. However, full training will be offered to candidates.
Skills & knowledge
- A highly motivated, team player, who is dedicated and flexible enough to ensure a first-class operational service.
- Strong numeracy, data handling and analysis skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- IT skills with a high level of Microsoft Office along with the ability to learn new and bespoke software packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
Ventient Energy is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated against on any of the nine protected characteristics defined under The Equality Act 2010.