Southern European Portfolio Manager
About the Company
Ventient Energy is a renewable energy group, currently focussed in onshore wind energy. We’re already one of the largest independent generators of onshore wind energy in Europe with 1.9GW of installed capacity across 103 wind farms in Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom, with plans to continue growing our portfolio of high-quality assets.
Ventient Energy is part of a portfolio of renewable companies who are owned by an Infrastructure Investment Fund, advised by JP Morgan Asset Management. We take a long-term outlook on the ownership, operation and growth of our company which is driven by the needs of our stakeholders.
At Ventient Energy, we work hard to optimise operational excellence, delivering strong financial results while ensuring the highest levels of health and safety performance.
Our company headquarters is in Edinburgh, where the majority of our staff are located. Staff who support our UK wind farm assets are located throughout the UK in regions within close proximity to the wind farms. Our current head count is approximately 50 people.
- Position Title: Southern European Portfolio Manager
- Reporting To: COO
- Department: Asset Management
- Key Contacts: CEO, CFO, Senior Management Team, Business Development, Asset Management
- Location: Madrid
- Direct Reports: N/A
- Role Type: Permanent
- Work Pattern: Full Time - Monday - Friday
Deliver long term value and mitigate key risks by leading the execution of our relationship with our key service provider, and potentially additional service providers (collectively, the Portfolio), within Iberia, France and Belgium.
- Primary interface for day to day relationship with Management Services Agreement (“MSA”) provider.
- Primary driver of a programme, continually updated, for (i) identification of new sources of value from within the portfolio (ii) identification and management of risk
- Co-ordination of in house and third-party teams to ensure the identification and execution of initiatives from the above.
- Cross fertilisation of ideas and disciplines with the business development team to ensure that both within business development and our existing portfolio there is a value driving and risk mitigation discipline
- Forming strong relations with third parties providing services to the Portfolio in addition to the MSA provider, in order that value, and risk opportunities are recognised and addressed.
- Initial point of contact for key day to day decisions, identifying key issues that need internal resourcing, and interacting and project managing activities with relevant internal decision makers.
- Reviewing key operational performance, including analysis of asset performance and where applicable, co-ordinating more detailed commercial and technical analysis.
- Interface for monitoring and execution of Performance Improvement projects – both initiatives led by the MSA provider and Ventient deployed initiatives.
- Working with technical team, identify priority action plan from Ventient reviews of SCADA database and manage interface with the MSA provider. Project manage tracking of actions and delivery of performance improvements.
- Initial management of HSE and ESG issues. Co-ordinate HSE resource from Ventient/third parties to gain assurance of HSE performance in line with Ventient expectations.
- Act as initial point of contact with the MSA provider on ESG issues and co-ordination of actions to support GRESB including data collection and verification.
- Day to day management of the portfolio P&L. Analysis of key revenue and cost variances, and liaison with Finance team on P&L variances versus budget and impact on cash flow.
- Focal point for portfolio budget, five-year plan and interface between Ventient’s finance and operational teams and the MSA provider.
- Co-ordinate review of Energy/PPA/Feed in Tariff agreements. Provide support to Commercial Energy team to help ensure that the energy market fundamentals in each of the Southern European countries are reviewed, and working with MSA provider and external parties, ensure that energy market risks and opportunities are comprehensively reviewed, and that appropriate agreements are in place to optimise revenue and minimise risk.
- Analysis of portfolio budget and NAV model, and identification of risks and opportunities, and ownership for an action plan of deliverables, including risk register.
- Management of risk register with the MSA provider and implementation of action plan to manage and mitigate risks.
- Oversight of the MSA provider’s RFP process for the portfolio. Provide support to the Procurement & Commercial Manager and COO to help inform operational strategy for the portfolio, review of contract structures and recommendations on suitable contract structures for the portfolio to deliver the best possible returns.
- Running a strong and internationally diverse (European) portfolio of wind/renewable assets under investment and high ESG discipline
- Significant onshore wind asset management experience
- Strong commercial and technical discipline and insight
- Iberian work experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects
- Fluent in Spanish, French and English preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to think strategically and work cross functionally in a professional environment
- Excellent relationship building skills
Ventient Energy is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment and will not be discriminated against on any of the nine protected characteristics defined under The Equality Act 2010.